Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Keep Calm and Craft

This project was something I made for demo to show how to upcycle old items. I based the projects around Cardmaking box set and a perfume box set I received. The boxes were just too good to leave lying around. Both boxes are decorated with the Parisienne Blue Collection from Docrafts and all the dies are from Xcut:   Haberdashery A5 Die Set, Sewing Patches Die Set,  Trim Boarders A5 Die Set and the Carnival Alphabet die sets. I have to say I love these projects. they hang from the back like a picture would and I used bakers twine doubled up and it was super strong and perfect for hanging.

I attached the Bakers Twine first so I could cover it with the paper when I decorated.When the boxes were decorated I took a simple Artists board and decorated it with the wording (which I embossed) , flowers, die cuts etc. I raised the artists board using 3D foam on a roll.I doubled it up to give a little height.

Well I hope you like it. I love mine hanging in the studio and the second one went to a great demonstrator friend of mine for her craft space. So have a look at your old gift boxes hanging around and see if you can convert them into a great gift for someone :)





9 comments: