Monday, May 7, 2012

Create your own Background paper (1)

I adore this card. I was inspired by a card in "Papercraft" magazine in a section called "Color My World" and I fell in love with the idea. The paper is from the Boofle Paper Stack. I just took my craft knife and cut wavy lines along the paper so that I ended up with loads of strips of wavy card. I used 3 colors for this sample but I have also made cards with just loads of colors that I had left over from sheets of plain card that I had used for other projects (see second sample below).

Next I folded over a sheet of A4 card to make the A5 Card I was going to use as my base.

I then cut a piece of white card and cut it smaller then the A5 card so that it would sit nicely on the front of the card leaving a lovely white border around it. Cover this piece of card from top to bottom in Double sided tape. Removing the tapebacking and then lay the wavy paper pieces from the bottom upwards. I let the first piece hang over the bottom of the card and then continue to layer all the way up to the top of this card section. At this point the pieces fall over the sides of the card. This gives me the opportunity to play around with the lengths of wavy paper so that they all end up looking random and I get to choose the nicest cuts (waves) I have made. I just hold them above the card and move them from left to right and right to left until I like how it looks and then I place it on the double sided tape.

Once I have finished laying down all the pieces. I flip the piece of card over and cut off all the bits hanging over the edge so that it ends up as a nice straight edged piece. Pop 3D foam on the back and place onto your A5 card. Now just embellish with your greeting, decoupage etc.



13 comments:

  1. Looking good!
    I love the bright colours you have used. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. a fabulous ides looks very effective i will have to have a go at doing some of my own not the same as yours of course
    katex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super job! I love what you have done with the colors and stripes. Really pretty! Am following you now xx Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab idea Cliona !! Love the effect !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey,

    this is a FAB idea...and its especially usefull for me, as i find it challenging to make cards....

    Im gonna use this one...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea Cliona. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, fab idea with the background. Tinaxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a FAB background, will work with any theme x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great idea Cli. Great way to use up our scrap papers too.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, love these designs! Very cleaver and creative! I also love your other post designs! They are great and have just the right amount of layering. Sometimes things can be too over done and your work is just the right amount. I am now following you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a really fun idea...I love it! Found your blog from the LinkedIn group. Thanks for sharing it with us :)

    ReplyDelete